Friday, February 20, 2009

Long Lost Friends... FaceBook!

I just signed on to this , FaceBook thing... I know! I'm old school behind the times. I've peeked in on a few old acquaintances and I've got to admit how fun and addicting this is. Eleven plus years of forgotten friendships... and then bam! It's like you get to catch up on an entire decade all at once. Kinda like a bad episode of Back to the Future II.

I'm shocked to see how many of my old friends have hooked up and married other old friends and now they have mortgages, babies (multiple), Ph.D's, etc., etc. Some of us have gained a few more pounds than we probably wanted to; some are barely recognizable because of the pounds they've lost. It seems we are all working together to balance the planet.

What has been shocking though are the extreme make-overs some seem to have gotten... not in looks, but in character. A few of my old buds were good, godly guys and girls and now their pictures tell a different story. Life has gotten them. Better to rule in Hell than to serve in Heaven? Maybe?

It seems like we all suffer from identity crisis. Now remember, some of these guys I'm seeing for the first time in more than a decade. A lot changes... nothing rarely stays the same.

If I drop off FB and don't visit for another eleven years, do you think it will all cycle back ending a bad nightmare? We of course then will be in our forties and a decade closer to the big show. Will mortality matter? I hope none of us are planning to die in our forties, but will our libido be settled so we can finally focus?

I doubt it... Hopefully, we'll loose our desire to "be something" and set our goal to become focused on the things that make us of no reputation. Then we can get centered on Him and these types of things can't be corrupted.

No comments:

Post a Comment