Tuesday, February 3, 2009

New Sermon Series : "Great Mate"

I'm working feverishly to begin a new sermon series for REVOLVE! Student Ministries, called "Great Mate". It sounds a bit like 'Grape Ape' the old school cartoon, but has nothing to do with a purple ape. It's about gender roles, okay and purple apes. I know, you're saying, "Wow! How ground breaking...", right? Although, not ground breaking by any stretch of the mind I've felt the need to discuss the issue of gender roles with our group. And what better a time than Valentines...

I'm planing four sessions:
  • Session One: "What's Love?"
  • Session Two: "It's a Man's World"
  • Session Three: "I Am Woman"
  • Session Four: "Pure"
This will all focus on the biblical roles of men, the biblical roles of women, how these roles work together and session one will set the stage or foundation for these roles which is Christ. All of these aspects will be shown as being valid even in a post-modern setting.

I hope the students will identify themselves with it being okay for them to be who they are, accepting their given gender, what it means to be that gender and how these genders work together in moving this planet forward.

Oh, and after we figure this all out we are going to cure cancer, bring peace to the middle east and get rid of the wrinkles on Mickey Rourke's face... wait I think that one has already been done...

I'll post status updates throughout February on each session of the sermon series. It should be a Great time... ok bad pun...

No comments:

Post a Comment