Thursday, April 2, 2009

Making Americans Look Ridiculous...


The world loves America... right?

Oh, wait... I'm sorry! I forgot. We are the country that has been notorious for helping the world in times of dire crisis.

We are the country that has been the most forgiving to our enemies.

We are the country that will decimate our enemies in war, then turn around and rebuild them making them stronger and turn them into an ally. Japan anyone?

But we are hated abroad. European countries, whom we are allies with, think we are indulgent, whiney, buffoons. And, it really boils down to jealousy. People will float for miles on a barrel to get here... and we'll let them. When's the last time you heard of someone trying to escape into China, Russia or North Korea?

But, come on! Can't the current administration get anything right? Do I care if the world hates us? Sort of. I wish the world appreciated what America has meant to the world at large. We aren't perfect and have screwed many a thing up, but we get it right most of the time. We open up our purse to the world and help out with man power and aid when its needed most.

The Bush bashers would have had a field day if W. would have given the Queen of England an iPod. But, wait... I'm sorry it was an engraved iPod. Ooohhh, that makes it better.

"Hey, here's a DVD set of American classics, Mr. Brown!" I hope the Wizard of Oz doesn't scare him as much as it does me...

I hear the Obamas are going to give President Nicholas Sarkozy of France a Mr. Coffee coffee maker. This is ridiculous. We look like the idiots the world already thinks we are.

Give me a break! Please? I don't mind if the budget deficit is going to be close to 10 Trillion dollars, just please don't give away any more crappy gifts to foreign heads of state! Give our dignity back... at least what's left of it!

1 comment:

  1. I believe that you where listening to my conversation at work today. Good Post!!!

    ReplyDelete