Friday, May 8, 2009

Abandoned... God's Folly

"Where are you?" asked in frantic whispered pants, the realized abandonment
sinking in. Not wanting to accept the chilling reality, he cries out just a
bit louder, "Where are you?", the cry becoming more desperate yet amazingly
still hushed.

He began to search and to call out looking behind every tree, every turn
stall of racked clothings. The surreal moment made it seem as though he
stepped outside himself and became an onlooker to the whole mess.

Then the flood of failure thoughts began to wash over him. "Wasn't I good
enough to keep them? Why have they left me?" The words came more as
accusations than questions.

Turning to six-winged creature he asked, "Why do I call them and they don't
answer me? Why have they left me?" His question fell upon stunned silence.

"I gave them everything; they no longer need me. I listened to every cry of
theirs; now it's I who cries." Still the only reply in that Forever Plane
was further silence.

"I wipe my eyes dry now. No further tears will drip from my cheeks. I will
take back their stuff. That will cause them to seek after me again. Their
eyes will flow as the fountains."

Six-winged creature turns, lays down his harp beside the shore and fills his
emptied hand with sword... two wings stretched out to fly with fevered fury
from that Forever Plane.

2 comments:

  1. Missing a few "a"'s and "the"'s in there but other than that, an interesting take on God's view of the fall of humanity. At least i assume that's where you were going with it. =P

    ReplyDelete
  2. Also where is your youth? I figured you would have had more students supporting your writing. Do they know about your blog?

    ReplyDelete