Wednesday, December 9, 2009

Missing You...


I imagine myself with you, kissing your neck,
Holding your hands,
Pulling you close to me as I am made drunk
From your perfumed embrace.
Nothing else holds my heart so near in this world made mad
By all its leaving.

My imaginings picture me saying, "Don't leave; please stay,"
And you obliging this desperate request
Made with words so sincere,
That have overflowed the banks of my heart,
Spilling out into the air of night,
Where you and I stand alone - only looking -
Not able to speak as you start my way
Ending the tear that my heart was making.

Then some noise, or better some silence,
Awakens my imaginations
Reminding me that you've left and only I remain
With scattered pieces of my heart strewn about the floor.

I try to retrieve the pieces,
Yet find them too heavy to be lifted alone.
So on the floor they remain...
Until I'm through...
Missing you.

No comments:

Post a Comment