Friday, February 26, 2010

Starry Skies...


So many stars speckle the sky, like white lent shrapnel
On a fleece black backdrop.
I stare in wonder, while lying on my back next to you
In the cool night grasses,
Not at stars, but at you.
I catch their glimmering reflection in your eyes.

Then I think...

While men dream of being up there in those stars
Exploring unknown celestial seas;
I dream of the uncharted waters of your heart.

We say nothing, only stare being comfortably quiet
In the true wonder, not some distant constellation,
That can't be touched or held.

The nearness of you, not the distance of worlds,
Is the exploration worthy of our energies...
To explore your thoughts, to hold your hand
Making full the spaces between my fingers.

The unseen chord that binds our souls,
Not the calculate-able orbits of polarized planets,
Is the truly amazing wonderment
That confounds physical laws' formula in simplicity.

We lie still and stare at so many stars speckling the sky
And it's you who steals their show.

No comments:

Post a Comment