Wednesday, May 12, 2010

It's Always Been You...


I'd rather have you than a night without fears.
I'd rather have you than a life without tears.
I'd rather have you than a house on rolling hills.
I'd rather have you than a life without ills.
All things considered, I'd rather have you.

If I could climb to the top of Everest,
Or swim the English Channel, still you would be fairest.
If I could do anything available to a few,
All things considered, I'd rather have you.

I'd rather have you than no more worldly cares.
I'd rather have you than all of life's fares.
I'd rather have you than a field of wild flowers.
I'd rather have you than an Emperor's famed powers.
All things considered, I'd rather have you.

If I could reach up and hold the moon,
Or lasso a comet, or swim in a spoon,
All things considered, and a life lived full too,
I'd rather have you... It's always been you.

No comments:

Post a Comment