Friday, June 11, 2010

Etch Upon My Heart Your Name...


Etch Your wish upon my heart with the finger of Your Spirit.
Rest the words of Your very voice upon the beds of my ears.
Let me hear Your wooings that makes my heart to swoon.

The sight of but Your shadowy walkings fallen across my face
Causes my eyes to rain weepy waters of weary exhaustion.
To behold Your countenance would be death to me,
But what a savory death to be befallen - smote by thine Presence.

My knees would knock and sweet horror stricken wonder
Would be my gasps to feel Your breath exhaled upon
And drawn back in over my hairs
That You've previously numbered.

Dreaded grace that my diseased spirit cannot fathom or measure
Becomes my leaping joy as a fawn kicking about
In new Spring day life.

All in all, ever satisfying, You are enough
And no temporary trappings of Terra'd-existence
Will ever suffice until I rest peacefully, sweetly, completely
In Your gripping mercy; rocking me, no, shattering me
From Death's sleep to Life's awakening...

Pure soundness of Lost-self found finally,
And forever-ally, in You.

No comments:

Post a Comment