Thursday, April 28, 2011

David Wilkerson

I learned yesterday evening, as did most, that Pastor David Wilkerson of Times Square Church in New York City was killed in a car accident. 

I very much respected this man as a minister who cared deeply about God's holiness being admonished and upheld in Christian living.  He preached of grace and mercy and great salvation and was a Watchman on the walls of this nation.  He was unafraid to call us out in our sins against God as a nation, but he was just as equally quick and unafraid to point us to our salvation and forgiveness in Christ Jesus.

His family and church is grieving their loss today, but I'm sure - as their testimony would have it - that "[they] are comforted by knowing that Pastor David has been enjoying the full presence of the Lord for more than a day now."

Concerning dying... D.L. Moody said it this way, "Someday you will read in the papers that Moody is dead. Don't you believe a word of it. At that moment I shall be more alive than I am now. I was born of the flesh in 1837, I was born of the spirit in 1855. That which is born of the flesh may die. That which is born of the Spirit shall live forever."

1 comment:

  1. Go to DavidWilkersonToday.blogspot and read his post for yesterday morning..powerful!!

    ReplyDelete