Thursday, June 2, 2011

Weird Like Rain...

It comes down in drops, or torrents, or a barely visible mist
From up there, somewhere.
If you believe, then you know it comes from Someone and not just something.

If you don't believe, then what a strange occurrence rain is.
By chance, unguided, the world gets watered.
Without knowing, its weirdness is exactly what the Earth has ordered.
It is just what it needs
Or its deathly demise would be heaps of tumble weeds.

I wonder when it knew it was needed?
And at what moment was it conceived in the grand scheme of things?
Did the cosmos wait a billion years before it figured it out?
That two parts random gas and one part thin air were needed ingredients
For this primordial soup being stewed without a Chef?

I waited once in my kitchen for a billion years
And Nothing ever accidentally cooked a stew for me.

I nearly starved before I realized the simple stew that
I could cook for myself from other accidental ingredients
Would taste so good when I stirred the spoon and sipped from it
The concoction that consisted of ninety-five percent water.
Water that came from nowhere,
Unless you can venture to believe that God could conceive
Of something weird like rain.

No comments:

Post a Comment