Friday, August 7, 2009

Some Borrowed Place...


Oh to have the view from some borrowed place
That is not our own.
To dream lazily under the sky as we lay in grasses
We've never touched, to breath in air not from here.
Maybe some city skyline whose streets our soles haven't graced,
Or it's park bench on which we haven't sat.
The aromas from some sun scraped vistas I don't yet know
Fill my wantings making me long for some borrowed place.
Pin-pricked back drops of starry skies watched on shores
Depressed by only our footprints.
Or maybe some mountain-scape with summits pressed high
Viewed from some borrowed window
From a room that is not our own.

I long all day for that borrowed place I've never seen,
But in pictures or from stories seen only in dreams.
That borrowed place we are yet to go,
Fills our hearts to be among the cascading climates
Of other places, to feel their warmth or their chill
Not caring either way as long as the view is one we both share.

Let's go together to that borrowed place.

2 comments:

  1. Hey, it's anonymous Jess! LOL, I think you should write a book! You are a really good writer and I would love to read it! Hope you, Pam and my favorite neices and nephews are doing well! Love you guys!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hey, thanks for the comment and compliment! I would love to one day be able to write a book... though I'm not sure I have a book in me. Anyway, one day we'll see! Love you guys too.

    ReplyDelete