Wednesday, November 11, 2009

These Three Friends...

Where has Inspiration gone? It seems to have fled from me - from every area of my life. My life isn't lived with her; my spirit isn't being called by Inspiration's wooing. I am not living inspired even unto He having been drained of her friendship.

Where has Desire gone? When will she come back to me bringing with her Inspiration? Their companion, Passion, is gone as well. These three are Friends of the heart and all seem to have abandoned me.

Or maybe I exhausted them months ago and now they sleep, being rejuvenated to be at their best for me again. Oh how I miss them while in their slumber. I wish for them to awaken so that my heart can beat happily again.

Should I awaken them by force, beating upon the door of their dormancy? Is that even possible? Or do they posses wills of their own not able to be turned by my knocking?

What about Desire? Can I will her into life and submission forcing her to awaken by determined actions? But then will it be Desire who is awakened, or maybe only her antithesis Forced-Determination? For the two are not the same.

Desire, she lives deep within and drives with ease over the difficulty of all hindrances. Determination, she is like moss that grows on the tough skin of trees that lives only on the surface and doesn't affect from deep within. Determination seems waning and comes and goes as the winds of my will blows... or not. She quickly changes her face to Complacency and then to Apathy.

Father, can You awaken them gently? They respond to You; You made them. Ask them to get up and to awaken from their sleep and visit with me again. They are needed. When they are gone I simply meander along. Undriven by deepest Desire; unmoved from lack of Passion; not expressive for Inspiration, she has gone as well. This is no life, and purpose is eluded as I sleep too in the absence of my Friends.

You, Father, aren't worshiped well - for Your longing is for more than robotic rhythmic repetitions of catechisms not written in heart.

These three missing Friends of mine make life lived unto You vivid and boisterously exuberant and alive in color. These three are the vehicles of Your joy expressed from once depraved hearts; as my heart remains a pen and ink drawing on pale canvas until it is again painted by the Tripartite Camaraderie gone missing.

Given-ness to You then flows like clear rivers cool and ready for swimming when my Friends are here. Have I yet made my case, Father, for You to awaken them so they can come out again to play?

No comments:

Post a Comment