Tuesday, March 10, 2009

The Decimated City - Where's the Cry of My People - Part 3

Months after the first words from God on the coming calamity America would soon be facing my life pretty much returned to normal. Actually, there is no "pretty much" about it. I resigned what I heard as being reserved for another time way into our future. Life went on.

One late spring evening I came in from mowing my lawn and after cleaning up a bit I laid down on our couch to rest for a moment. I fell asleep.


During my sleep of only twenty minutes or so I had a dreadfully disturbing dream. It was a dream of a "storm" that is on our horizon now. I remember the dream vividly. I was standing on a brown-grassy knoll-like hill and there were others on the hill looking toward a major city's skyline. Hovering above the city, in an expansive panoramic view, I saw a massive tornado hanging directly above the tall skyscrapers. In the dream the massive storm was very wide and thick and was a swirling ominous grey torrent of looming disaster. From our vantage point on the grassy hill mound we saw that the city was about to be completely destroyed and a gasp went through out the sparse crowd. The city jutted out over the ocean or bay very much like the city pictured above, though we were much closer than the vantage point pictured.

The next scene flashed and the storm over the city descended upon it and everything was being consumed by fire. Everything was burning... concrete, steel... everything. The entire city was completely decimated. But oddly during the chaos and fire and destruction those on the hill were completely safe from the fires and destruction. The hill itself was a place of safety.

After I awoke I was covered in dread and heaviness. I immediately called my pastor to explain the dream to him. He began to share with me as well dreams that he had that were of the same nature. All depicted an impending judgment that is upon the shores of America even now. What form this judgment will take place is unknown and to make any suggestions would simply be speculation. The one thing that is sure is that God is moving in wrath against this country's immorality.

This idea is hard for us to accept or even fathom today. But, make no mistake God will move in this type of judgment. We must now humble ourselves before the Lord, repenting and returning to Him. These warnings are going out so that God's people won't be unaware. He is revealing His message... this message - in the words of David Wilkerson, "to nobodies, from nowhere." But, showing this to praying pastors and ministers of His all over the country.

Those who are in Christ, true followers of God, He will cover and protect. "Remember Goshen" was a message preached by my pastor this past Sunday in light of the movement of the Spirit upon his heart to Remember Goshen. Goshen was where the Israelites lived in Egypt. And, while the plagues raged all around them, it did not touch them there.

The message of hope is coming in future posts in the next weeks...

4 comments:

  1. Hi Jeremy
    When you wrote of coming calamity, did you see coming calamity on a city or coming economic collapse? Were those given to you together or separately? Do you sense that they are separate events or the same time or same place?
    Jackie

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hello, again, Jackie in NC! (see my comment to your previous post) Thank you again for your comments.

    I actually saw these separately, but sort of feel there interrelated, one causing the other. This opinion is only speculation and I don't have any further details other than what was written here. I saw both though. Or at least that's the way I interpreted the dream and the sense I got from "Where's the Cry of My People".

    It's dangerous, or detrimental, to guess or figure out the details of something where none where given. When we do this we end up resigning something in our mind to happen a certain way and when it doesn't happen the way we've decided it should happen based on our best guesses, then we stand the chance of missing what God had planned all along. I try to just see the things I've written about just as I saw them to begin with and then just trust God that at the right time He will reveal either more details or make things clearer when He is ready to do so. I think He's given us enough so that we will be prepared in our hearts for what's coming, but still maintain our faith in Him in the areas where we don't have much light or details.

    Don't worry about the details. Just trust God that He loves you, loves your family and that this life isn't our home. Be responsible in daily caring for your family, in other words don't sell everything and start a cult on the top of some mountain waiting on God to return. He wants us active in this world and not withdrawn because that's where hurting people are and that's where the people live who need to hear the good news of Jesus.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hi Jeremy,
    I can't find my previous post or find where you commented on it. Can you link me there? It seems missing when I log on. Mostly, I forget which category I commented on!
    Thanks,
    Jackie in NC

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hi Jeremy

    Can't seem to find or see all my comment posts here. Can you point me to where I have made comments and where your replies are? Thanks
    Could be my Mac. It's old.

    ReplyDelete